You have a skill, a talent, a product, a profession or perhaps simply an idea. You know this is what you want to be doing all day, every day and are just about ready to take control and make this your reality. Before you take the leap though, you want to surround yourself with the right team.
With LA du Toit Accounting & Management Consultants in your corner, you receive personal access to qualified Accountants and Advisors who can guide you on this journey and provide the tools to facilitate your success.
We work seamlessly as part of your team. We are committed to growing your business as you are; your success is our success too.
We provide customised advice in the following areas for your new business:
- Advice on the most suitable way to structure your business – Sole Trader, Partnership, Trust, Private Company
- Advice on tax minimisation, asset protection and ownership
- Organise and establish the required structure and registrations
- Registration requirements and thresholds
- When must you register versus when it is beneficial to be registered
- Requirements for preparing and submitting your Business Activity Statements
- Record keeping requirements
Income Tax Obligations
- Explain the different tax consequences for the structure of your business and how this will specifically impact you
- How to manage your personal income tax now that you own a business
- Explain the legitimate business related deductions – allowable deductions in key areas such as motor vehicles, equipment, operating expenses, insurances, working from home, entertainment, business related travel, education, training and more.
Staffing and Labour
- Legal differences and obligations between staff and contractors
- Explain compulsory work cover and workers compensation policies
- Recommend systems to keep track of your income and expenses (eg accounting systems such as Sage versus spreadsheets versus paper records)
- Establish record keeping systems – on premise, offsite, in the cloud